Stroke Navigator App
The first mobile application to help physicians decide on acute stroke treatment
You will answer some questions, the application will ask you to get certain imaging studies (CTA, CTP or MRI) then it will tell you if the patient is tPA or thrombectomy candidate!
- In 1996 tPA was approved for stroke patients presenting within 3 hours.
- In 2013, tPA window was updated to 4.5 hours and excluded some patients from this update.
- In 2015, thrombectomy was approved for stroke presenting with LVO within 6 hours.
Stroke treatment was straight forward, with CT and CTA you can decide on tPA and thrombectomy. In 2018, things got more complicated!
- In 2018, DAWN trial came and thrombectomy window was increased to 24 hours. It uses clinical-imaging correlation to decide on treatment. Defuse trial also came to expand thrombectomy window to 16h but it uses CTP criteria. Now, physicians have to be very familiar with CTP terms, including CBF, CBF, TMax etc. You also have to memorize some numbers, core has to be < 70, penumbra has to be > 15, ratio has to be > 1.8. If patient presented from 16-24h then you should use Dawn not Defuse3 criteria.......
How to get it?
- Stroke Navigator app is available on App Store
Among all medicine sub-specialties, neurology is by far the largest and most versatile.
Neurology not only deals with the the most valuable part of our body 'The Brain", it also deals with the largest system in our body. From the brain to the spinal cord and from the the nerve roots to muscles.
The central and peripheral nervous system, its physiology, anatomy, pathology and the continuously evolving neuro-therapeutics made neurology the only medical sub-specialty that requires its own residency training after internship year.
In Neurology-Residents, I tried to collect the most important details that neurology residents will need during their training. In the middle of a busy call, while taking care of stroke and neuroscience ICU patients, the EMR templates will help to save your precious time. While on Child neurology rotation, no need to keep searching the internet for medication dosages, it is all available in one website.
I hope this site gains your respect and admiration.